SEBI eases norms for non-residents to transfer shares to kin
"In order to address the difficulties faced by such investors, it has been decided to grant relaxation to non-residents (such as NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and foreign nationals) from the requirement to furnish PAN and permit them to transfer equity shares held by them in listed entities to their immediate relatives...," the SEBI said in a circular. Accordingly, the relaxation shall only be available for transfers executed after January 1, 2016.
"The relaxation shall only be available to non-commercial transactions, i.e. transfer by way of gift among immediate relatives," the circular said. "The non-resident shall provide copy of an alternate valid document to ascertain identity as well as the non-resident status."
- Castor seed prices rise marginally as investors widen bets
- Reliance in altercation with L&T, Edelweiss entities over open market sales
- Reliance Group flays L&T, Edelweiss entities for huge open market sales
- Sebi releases format for annual secretarial audit of listed entities
- PACL investors can submit claim applications till April 30, says Sebi