DHFL CEO Harshil Mehta resigns, would continue to remain executive President
DHFL on Wednesday said its CEO Harshil Mehta has decided to resign from his position with immediate effect. "However, he would continue to be associated with the company and shall hold the designation of Executive President -Retail Business with effect from February 14, 2019," DHFL said in a regulatory filing on stock exchanges.
Besides, the board has recommended the appointment of Sunjoy Joshi as an Independent Director and Srinath Sridharan as a Non-Executive Director. Recently, Cobrapost alleged that Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) through layers of shell companies allegedly siphoned off Rs 31,000 crore out of the total bank loans of Rs 97,000 crore.
The expose alleged that the scam has been pulled off mainly by sanctioning and disbursing astronomical amounts in secured and unsecured loans to dubious shell or pass-through companies related to DHFL's primary stakeholders Kapil Wadhawan, Aruna Wadhawan and Dheeraj Wadhawan. It alleged that this was done through their proxies and associates, which have in turn passed the money on to the companies controlled by the Wadhawans.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Report: Magic, Lakers players to meet following Davis fiasco
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-Ten players killed as fire sweeps through Flamengo lodging in Rio
- It's a cream game: Cagliari players stalled by farmers' milk price protest
- Soccer: Leading clubs stockpile players to hoover best talent as possible
- X-Rays help determine crystal structures present in batteries’ graphite layers