From small beginnings, Zeffer has grown to showcase a range of ciders on both the domestic and international market. The awards judges praised their rapid growth over the last ten years whilst retaining a sustainable model.
"With a strategically focused approach on export markets, whilst nailing the "3P" - people, planet, and profit - they are en route to making Zeffer a global brand," the judges said.
All regional winners attend a business retreat in Fiji in September, and will also receive expert mentoring including legal, HR and accounting advice.
Westpac NZ Head of Commercial and Agribusiness, Mark Steed, says the Growth Grants are a way of celebrating and supporting up-and-coming businesses, regardless of their industry, location, or whether they're a Westpac customer.
"Every year we're blown away by the passion, ingenuity and work ethic of regional Kiwi enterprises," he says.
"When a business is growing in a sustainable manner, it contributes not just to the local community but to a better New Zealand as well".
The six regional finalists across New Zealand are:
• Dive! Tutukaka – Auckland/Northland
• Pacific Collections – Waikato/Bay of Plenty
• Zeffer Brewing Limited – Central North Island
• Fix and Fogg – Wellington and Lower North Island
• Jeuneroa – Canterbury Tasman and West Coast
• Hunter & Craig Building and Design – Otago/Southland