DevOps Institute Declares December 10 as 'Global SKILup Day'PR Newswire | Boca Raton | Updated: 01-10-2019 18:28 IST | Created: 01-10-2019 18:28 IST
DevOps Institute ("nofollow" >https://devopsinstitute.com/), a member-based association for advancing the human elements of DevOps, has declared December 10 as 'Global SKILup Day' -- a day dedicated to getting upskilled, based on the S-K-I-L Framework: Skills, Knowledge, Ideas, and Learning.
The world's first annual Global SKILup Day features 18 hours of open and continuous virtual learning based on unique and actionable "how-to" sessions. Global SKILup Day will be streamed across different time zones and geographies to accommodate the global DevOps community.
Global SKILup Day aligns with the pillars of DevOps Institute's SKIL framework that engages the heart, mind, body, and soul of the DevOps practitioner by a holistic approach to Skills, Knowledge, Ideas and Learning. The Global SKILup Day agenda reflects the spirit of the SKIL framework by including presentations that focus on human, process and automation know-how.
"Global SKILup Day is a unique opportunity for humans to come together as a global DevOps community, work together to bridge the skills gaps identified in the "nofollow" >Upskilling: Enterprise DevOps Skills Report, and inspire IT professionals for lifelong learning and career success," said Jayne Groll, CEO at DevOps Institute. "We need to elevate human transformation to the forefront of the industry and enable critical skills advancements through expert 'how-to' sessions. The first annual Global SKILup Day features a globally available online event aimed at increasing domain expertise and empowering a highly skilled DevOps community."
These educational sessions will be led by some of the most experienced and well-known influencers from the DevOps, Agile, ITSM, Cloud and SRE communities. to deliver actionable knowledge in the new IT world.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Helen Beal, DevOpsologist at Ranger4 - Europe
- Dominica DeGrandis, Director of Digital Transformation at Tasktop - Americas
- Damon Edwards, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer at Rundeck - Americas
- Karen Ferris, DevOps Culturalist - APAC
- Mirco Hering, Global DevOps Practice Lead at Accenture - APAC
- Gene Kim, Founder of IT Revolution, Author of the upcoming book The Unicorn Project and co-author of The Phoenix Project, The DevOps Handbook and Accelerate - Americas
- Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk - Americas
- Jennifer Petoff, Global Program Manager - SRE Education - Site Reliability Engineering at Google - Europe
- Sanjeev Sharma, Vice President, Global Practice Director - Data Modernization and Strategy at Delphix - Americas
- John Willis, Founder at Botchagalupe Technologies - Americas
Additional Speakers will be announced as they are confirmed.
For more information and to register, visit: "nofollow" >https://devopsinstitute.com/globalskilupday/
Share This: Calling all #HumansofDevOps! @DEVOPSINST has declared Dec. 10 Global SKILup Day. Save your virtual seat today for all-day access to non-stop continuous learning: "nofollow" >https://devopsinstitute.com/globalskilupday/ #Upskilling #GetSkilled
About the DevOps Institute
DevOps Institute is dedicated to advancing the human elements of DevOps success. As a global member-based association, DevOps Institute is the go-to learning hub connecting IT practitioners, education partners, consultants, talent acquisition and business executives to help pave the way to support digital transformation and the New IT.
We help advance careers and support emerging practices within the DevOps community based on a human-centered SKIL framework, consisting of Skills, Knowledge, Ideas, and Learning. All of our work, including accreditations, research, events, and continuous learning programs – is focused on providing the "human know-how" to modernize IT and make DevOps succeed.
Photo - "nofollow" >https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1003661/Global_SKILup_Day.jpg