Education essential to break cycle of poverty: Aditi Rao Hydari
Actress Aditi Rao Hydari says education is essential to break the cycle of poverty. "I truly believe that literacy and education are essential for an individual to realise their full potential and to break the cycle of poverty," Aditi said in a statement.
Aditi has been one of the foremost supporter of the NGO Teach For Change, which works to improve literacy and reading skills among children from low-income communities studying in government schools. She will also unveil a nationwide launch of the Pega Teach For Change movement -- which is an expansion of the initiative to eight Indian cities for the upcoming academic year.
"I am very glad that Teach For Change is launching a nationwide movement and I pledge my support to the initiative and encourage all committed citizens who want to make a difference to sign up for the program and volunteer to teach," she added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Social protection benefits help children realize their full potential: UN
- Sadhguru feels children should move to specialised domains after 12 year age
- EU orders to recall children's smartwatch over hacking fears
- Enough is enough, children cannot be treated like this: SC to Bihar govt in Muzaffarpur shelter home sexual abuse case.
- Measles killed 72 children and adults in European Region in 2018: WHO report