Devdiscourse
Development News Edition
Give Feedback
write for Us

Pema Khandu termed strike by Confederation of Services Association as illegal


Devdiscourse News Desk itanagar India
Updated: 12-10-2018 00:42 IST
Pema Khandu termed strike by Confederation of Services Association as illegal

Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu Thursday termed the strike by Confederation of Services Association of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP) as "illegal, anti-development and against public interest".(Image Credit: Twitter)

Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu Thursday termed the strike by Confederation of Services Association of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP) as "illegal, anti-development and against public interest".

The CoSAAP which has been demanding the 7th Central pay commission allowance in toto, along with another service benefits called for a two-day pen and tool down strike from Thursday to protest non-fulfilment of their demands by the state government.

The chief minister said the state government will not succumb to any pressure tactics by CoSAAP. "Few individuals under the banner of CoSAAP are misusing their position for their own benefits and are misleading the entire employee community.

In fact the majority of the employees does not approve such kind of pressure tactics," Khandu told a public meeting at Pasighat in East Siang district. He said the Team Arunachal government will not succumb to any intimidation and arm-twisting tactics, an official release said.

"The BJP govt in the state has neither intimidated anybody nor will be intimidated by anyone. Certain individuals being aware of election timing are trying to manipulate the situation for their own benefit and giving the issue a political colour," Khandu said.

The chief minister said there will be no work no pay rule applied on the first day of the strike. If the strike persists for the second day, there will be a break in service for those employees taking part.

Appealing the CoSAAP to rise above their self-interest and to think for the larger interest of the state, the CM said that about 60 per cent of states resources is spent on revenue expenditure including salaries, wages, OE and OC leaving meagre 40 per cent for development activities.

He said Arunachal has one of the highest government employee population ratios in the country putting great financial pressure on already resource crunch state.

The chief minister said the state government is not against the demand of CoSAAP for additional allowances but is only seeking time as the states financial position is not sound as of now to meet all the demands at one go.

He said as and when financial condition improves, the state governments will implement allowances for government employees phase wise.

Meanwhile, the CoSAAP general secretary Gonya Riba claimed the strike was successful and functioning in the state government offices in the state were affected due to the strike.

(With inputs from agencies.)

COUNTRY : India

POST A COMMENT