India, Russia set to showcase military strength in 10-day joint exercise
The 10th Indo-Russian joint military exercises started in Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh on Monday.
The 10-day drill includes company sized contingents of the 5th Army of Russia and a mechanized infantry battalion of the Indian Army. It is taking place at the Babina military station, an official said.
There was a flypast of Army Aviation helicopters which carried the national flags of both the countries.
"The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning to enhance interoperability of the two armies in peacekeeping environment under the aegis of the UN," an official said.
The exercise also covers building tactical level operations in a counter-insurgency environment in semi-urban terrain.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Trump to touch on issues like immigration, national security in SOTU address
- Udita Bhargavas "Dust" to premiere in Berlin International Film Festival 2019
- SC's verdict is victory of democracy: BJP National General Secretary
- National conference wants state and central polls in Jammu to be held together
- 85 Trauma Care Facilities on National Highways approved during 12th FYP