Tunisian authorities seize explosive material from cell planning terror attack
Most of the members of the cell, dubbed the Brigade of Jihad and Unity, were arrested and were being held in prison, the ministry said in a statement.
An explosive belt, grenades and bomb-making material were seized during the operation, it added.
Tunisia has been on high-security alert since 2015 when Islamic State gunmen killed 38 tourists in a museum in the capital and on a beach in the resort city of Sousse.
Authorities say more than 3,000 Tunisians have left to fight for jihadist groups in Syria, Iraq and Libya. Many of them have been killed in battle while others have been jailed or put under house arrest after returning to Tunisia.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 4-Trump steps up attacks on Pelosi for opposing border wall funds
- UPDATE 3-Trump steps up attacks on Pelosi for opposing border wall funds
- PM attacks Congress over farm loans; promises to break back bone of terror in J-K
- Modi attacks Cong for using farm loan waivers as gimmick ahead of LS polls
- Maha: 5 persons injured in multiple attacks in Malegaon