Man held for offering allurement to Dalit family to convert to Christianity
A man has been arrested for reportedly offering allurement to a Dalit family to convert to Christianity, police said Tuesday. According to a complaint filed by Ramesh Gautam of Ranipurva village under Rupiadeeh police station area on the Indo-Nepal border on Monday, one Dharmendra Singh was misleading him to change his religion.
Gautam said he had met Singh at a local missionary hospital where the former had gone for his wife's treatment three months ago, Superintendent of Police Gaurav Grover said. The complainant alleged that Singh used to continuously encourage him to visit churches and offered allurement to convert, he said. Singh was arrested near the missionary hospital on Monday, the officer said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 7-Trump vows to build border wall that Democrats oppose
- UPDATE 8-Trump vows to build border wall, warns Democrats against investigations
- Trump promises to build wall on US-Mexico border
- UPDATE 9-Trump vows to build border wall, warns Democrats against investigations
- UPDATE 10-Trump vows to build border wall, warns Democrats against investigations