Man gets 7-year jail for killing Indian worker in Dubai
On that day, the accused disturbed his sleeping Indian roommate and others by switching on lights and speaking loudly on phone, the Khaleej Times reported. The unidentified victim and other roommates asked the defendant to switch off the lights. It led to a verbal brawl. The victim attacked the Pakistani man, who then stabbed the former with a 20-cm knife, according to the report.
The defendent admitted that he had consumed alcohol before the incident but did not intend to kill the victim. The Dubai Court of First Instance on Sunday convicted the accused and ordered his deportation after the end of jail-term.
- For BJP, issue of 'intruders' is matter of national security: Shah says at party workers' meeting.
- Companies in Europe desparate for workers, 65 year old's also welcome
- Over Rs 3,600 spent on 1.5 cr workers under employment incentives: Gangwar
- I-League: Churchill Brothers takes on stumbling Mohun Bagan
- Shah to address BJP workers in Goa