Allianz provided some reinsurance for burst Vale dam -sources
Allianz's Global Corporate & Specialty division (AGCS) leads a consortium of reinsurers that assumed some risks from Vale's local insurers, the sources said on Monday. Allianz declined to comment on the exposure, which was earlier reported by the Versicherungsmonitor trade publication.
The mining dam burst on Friday, triggering a deadly mudslide which buried mining facilities and nearby homes in the town of Brumadinho, killing 60 people. Nearly 300 other people are unaccounted for. (Writing by Ludwig Burger Editing by Alexander Smith)
- Death toll from Brazilian iron mine dam collapse reaches 142
- UPDATE 3-U.S.' Mnuchin, Lighthizer to hold talks next week in China -sources
- Bolsonaro takes his anti-leftist ideological war to Brazil's classrooms, universities
- UPDATE 1-German ministers to discuss Huawei's role in 5G network - sources
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan's Baharampur rally cancelled after West Bengal govt denies permission to land chopper: BJP sources claim.