Germany arrests 2 Syria citizens for suspected crimes against humanity
German federal prosecutors said on Wednesday two Syrian citizens were arrested in Germany for suspected crimes against humanity during their work for the intelligence service in Syria. The prosecutors said federal police in Berlin and Rhineland-Palatinate state arrested the suspects identified as Anwar R., aged 56, and Eyad A., aged 42. It said both suspects had left Syria in 2012.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Udita Bhargavas "Dust" to premiere in Berlin International Film Festival 2019
- Joe Berlinger says reaction to 'Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile' is 'naive'
- Berlinale unrolls green carpet for politically charged film festival
- Tales of power and injustice open a politically-charged Berlinale
- Berlinale film explores white supremacist's struggle to reform