Angela Merkel says more work needed to finalize terms of the Brexit deal
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday everything must be done to achieve an orderly Brexit but any deal had to be based on reality and there was still work ahead. "We agree that we must do everything to achieve an orderly Brexit," Merkel said at a news conference with Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel who said preserving the European Union's internal market was paramount.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Queen Elizabeth to be evacuated in case of Brexit unrest -media
- Exit from Brexit? I'd like it, but it's unlikely - German foreign minister
- Nissan scraps plan to build its new X-Trail SUV in UK ahead of Brexit
- UPDATE 1-UK trade minister says EU "irresponsible" to refuse to reopen Brexit deal
- EU agrees to compensate Irish farmers in event of no-deal Brexit: Report