UK to set out technical notice on Brexit deals with EU that cannot be replicated
The British government will set out in the coming days which European Union trade deals it does not believe will be rolled over before its March 29 exit from the bloc, trade minister Liam Fox said on Wednesday. Britain is seeking to replicate around 40 EU trade deals covering trade with more than 70 countries but has so far only succeeded in agreeing on a handful.
"The government is assessing where we are with each of these agreements. Where we believe it will not be possible to fully replicate, we will set out a technical notice in the coming days," Fox told parliament.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Trump hails 'great news' that Foxconn Wisconsin factory back on track
- Legal roadblocks in the way of implementing farmer schemes announced in budget
- UPDATE 1-Lawyers say China blocks access to Australian detained for suspected espionage
- Countries supporting Guaido fueling Venezuela's troubles: Turkish FM
- Would be irresponsible for EU to refuse to reopen Brexit negotiations: Fox