China's Dy PM Hu Chunhua cancels trade talks with British FM Philip Hammond
China's deputy prime minister, Hu Chunhua, has cancelled trade talks with Britain's finance minister Philip Hammond after defence secretary Gavin Williamson threatened to deploy a warship in the Pacific, The Sun newspaper reported on Thursday.
Chunhua was due to hold trade talks with Hammond this weekend, it said.
The newspaper said Hu cancelled the talks in protest at Williamson's speech on Monday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Nirmala Sitharaman accuse newspaper of publishing fake report on Rafale
- Britain trying to block EU plan to put Saudi on terror financing list
- Shutdown of Horse racing in Britain causing millions of loss to bookies
- Britain's Prince Philip voluntarily surrenders his driving licence after crash
- PM takes dig at local newspapers for not publishing success of BJP