E-rickshaw driver held for kidnapping 4-yr-old boy in Delhi
An e-rickshaw driver has been arrested for allegedly kidnapping a four-year-old boy from New Delhi Railway Station as he wanted a child, police said Sunday.
The woman claimed that a man befriended her at the waiting hall of the station and also brought her and her son lunch. When her son started crying, he took him outside on the pretext of giving him biscuits and did not return, the officer said.
During the investigation, footage of CCTV cameras installed at New Delhi Railway Station was scanned and many autorickshaws and e-rickshaw drivers were questioned, he said.
The accused told police that he has one child and wanted another. Since his wife was ill he kidnapped the boy. The accused intended to shift the child to Siwan, Bihar, where his wife lives with his family, but was arrested before he could do so, Gupta said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Pune Police will wait till February 12 to arrest Koregaon Bhima accused Teltumbde
- Arizona nurse accused of horrific rape of patient set to appear in court
- Ex-Cong district functionary in Kerala accused of raping tribal girl surrenders
- Wife of American detained in Vietnam campaigns for his release at Trump speech
- Former Costa Rican president Oscar Arias accused of sexual assault -report