NCM complaints decline over last three years
Minority Affairs minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, in a written response to a question, said that on receiving complaints, the NCM takes appropriate action as per provisions of the NCM Act, 1992, and the procedure adopted by it.
As mandated under Section 9 of the Act, the commission has been taking up cases regarding deprivation of rights and safeguards of the minorities with the authorities in the concerned state governments or the central government, he said.
There has been no increase in complaints received by the NCM over the last three years, Naqvi said to a question on whether there has been an increase in the number of complaints to the minority panel.
The minister also gave details of the complaints received by the NCM in the last three years.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Till the minorities continue to suffer, country will not succeed: Shashi Tharoor
- India slams Imran Khan for remarks on minorities
- Tharoor says India can not prosper till minorities suffer
- Delhi minorities Commission to offer internships in domain of minority rights
- Myanmar in crisis as protest against Aung San statue irks ethnic minorities