Rajasthan minister says to ensure quality food under Mid-day meal scheme
Rajasthan School Education Minister Govind Singh Dotasara Monday said the state government will ensure quality and nutritious food availability to school kids under mid-day meal scheme. The minister said the government will mull over introducing biometric system for distribution of food to bring transparency.
In reply to a supplementary question asked by BJP legislator Om Prakash Hudla during Question Hour he said there is no proposal to appoint food distribution officer separately under mid-day meal scheme. The minister informed the House that 62.22 lakh students of class 1 to 8th were enrolled under the scheme. A total of Rs 3062.55 crore was spent under the scheme in last five years, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Karnataka CM H D Kumaraswamy releases audio clip and claims BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa is luring MLAs to topple his government.
- SC dismisses plea of ex-Bihar deputy CM Tejashwi Yadav, challenging decision asking him to vacate government accommodation.
- Tamil Nadu government presents budget for the year 2019-2020 with no new taxes.
- SC imposes Rs 50,000 fine on RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav for challenging government decision asking him to vacate bungalow meant for deputy CM.
- By opting out of Ayushman Bharat scheme, Congress government in Chhattisgarh has deprived poor of healthcare: PM at public rally.