Gang steals container load of mobile phones
A gang of suspected interstate robbers has stolen a container load of cellular phones, estimated to be worth Rs 4 crore, in SPS Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Wednesday. The gang, comprising more than three members, waylaid the container-laden truck on the National Highway-16 near Dagadarthi in Nellore late Tuesday night and forcibly drove it away by kidnapping the driver, they said.
The container was filled with a consignment of cellular phones manufactured at Sri City SEZ in neighbouring Chittoor district and was on its way to Kolkata. Nellore district Superintendent of Police A Rastogi told PTI some miscreants came in a car and brought along a lorry when they intercepted the container-laden truck.
"The cellular phones were reloaded into the lorry the miscreants brought along and driven away," the SP added. The truck driver called the police control room around 1 am following which the police launched a hunt to trace the gang and the lorry.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for 30 minutes till 4 PM amid sloganeering by opposition members
- 2 more members of Malda family succumb to burn injuries, toll
- US trying hard to convince EU members not to buy 5g technology from Huawei
- Civil society members demand a slew of reforms ahead of Lok Sabha elections
- Two members of Sadam Gauri gang held: Police