BJP MLA's wife and his woman friend come to blows in public
A BJP MLA from Maharashtra's Yavatmal district was left red-faced after his wife and a woman he is allegedly living with fought at a function to mark his birthday. The incident took place at Pandharkawda in MLA Raju Todsam's Assembly constituency, Arni, Tuesday night.
The legislator himself was roughed up by some people during the incident, a police official said. Todsam's wife is a primary school teacher and they have two children. The MLA is currently living with another woman, a BJP worker, but has not divorced his wife, sources close to him said.
His supporters had organised a Kabaddi tournament at Pandharkawda Tuesday to celebrate his birthday, where the two women came face to face. After the tournament was inaugurated and Todsam cut a cake, his wife and the other woman got into a spat which turned into a scuffle, sources said.
Todsam himself was roughed up by some people when he tried to pacify the two women, prompting the policemen who were present there to use baton-charge to rescue him, sources added. Todsam's woman friend sustained minor injuries and was admitted to a hospital, they added.
- Ex-Uber driver awarded life term for killing six people in Michigan in 2016
- Trump praises legal immigrants, says he wants people to come into US, but 'legally'
- People throng online library stall in 43rd International Kolkata Fair
- Reuters People News Summary
- Rising attacks in NE Nigeria displaces nearly 60,000 people Since November 2018