J&K Congress organizes several functions to pay tribute to Indira Gandhi
The party organised several functions across the state to celebrate the day, with the main function held at the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) headquarters in Shahidi Chowk here.
The country progressed on all fronts under Gandhi's leadership and faced numerous challenges successfully, he added.
Sayeed said the present BJP regime, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was making every effort to distort historical facts and divert the attention of the nation from the contributions of the Congress and its leaders.
Madan Lal Sharma also paid floral tributes to Indira Gandhi and lashed out at the BJP and the Modi government, saying they were attempting to tarnish the image of the Congress party and its leaders by distorting history.
Mula Ram described Gandhi as a dynamic and visionary leader who remained committed to the secular and socialist ideals of the party and worked for the welfare of the poor and the downtrodden in the country.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates circuit bench of Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri.
- Each drop of tear after Pulwama terror attack will be avenged, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi at an event in Maharashtra's Dhule district.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi acted as Anil Ambani's middleman in Rafale deal: Rahul Gandhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates three medical college buildings in Hazaribagh, Dumka and Palamu in Jharkhand.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi makes empty promises to farmers, but waives loans of industrialist-friends: Congress president Rahul Gandhi.