Samajwadi Party, BSP agree to alliance ahead of LS polls
The Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party have agreed to an alliance ahead for the Lok Sabha elections, an SP leader said Saturday. A formal announcement on the "gathbandhan" between the two key parties in Uttar Pradesh is likely later this month, SP's national spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary told PTI. He said Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav and BSP chief Mayawati had given their in-principle approval for an alliance after a series of meetings. The two leaders also met on Friday, he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Rahul to meet Cong office bearers to chalk out roadmap, strategies for LS polls
- BJP expects 7-12 pct votes swing in Tamil Nadu in LS polls after 10 pct quota move
- JKNPP demands assembly elections before LS polls
- MP Congress bats for Priyadarshini Scindia for LS polls
- Amit Shah lauds Yogi anti-crime drive, reiterates LS polls will be Modi vs rest