JKNPP questions government's intent behind divisional status to Ladakh
"We question the urgency behind creation of the division for Ladakh during the President's rule. Men at the helm of affairs are answerable to the people of the state over the timing and intention behind such a major decision taken in such extreme haste. "The people of Leh have been demanding a union territory status and the BJP central leadership had assured to fulfil their demand.
"But having failed to fulfil the genuine aspirations of the people of Ladakh, the central government has played the game of dividing people on religious and ethnic lines which can prove dangerous to a sensitive state like J&K." Singh said the government's decision has already led to unrest in Kargil district of Ladakh and has given voice to similar demands in the Chenab Valley and Pir Panchal areas of the state.
- We plan to provide urban facilities in rural areas while
- North-East states get 21 percent increase in allocated budget by government
- Sikkim MP briefs PM Modi over long pending demands of state
- Trump to be surrounded by women during his State of the Union address
- More state-of-the-art rail coaches in the offing with 64 pc hike in rolling stock allocation