Pondy CM Narayanasamy protests outside LG Kiran Bedi's residence
Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy on Wednesday staged a protest against Lt Governor Kiran Bedi outside her official residence. Wearing a black shirt and black dhoti, Narayanasamy sat outside the Raj Nivas to protest her preventing the implementation of his government's welfare schemes. He was joined by his ministerial colleagues and DMK lawmakers. Narayansamy also accused Bedi of interfering in the day-to-day activities of the government.
His protest came after Bedi hit the road two days back and advised two-wheeler owners to wear helmets. While Bedi wanted the helmet rule for two-wheeler riders to be implemented at one go, Narayanasamy wanted the implementation in phases.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-Afghan president says his government must be 'decision-maker' in any peace deal
- In touch with Indian government on 'bias' issue: Twitter
- No scheme to allot land to MLAs, says UP government amidst shortage concerns
- Over 500 Indian fishermen feared to in Pakistan's custody says government
- Faculty reservation system in universities to be contested by government in Supreme Court