Hero Gold Cup: Myanmar coach feels ‘lucky’ to win against India
Even though the Indian women’s football team went down 0-2 against Myanmar in the last match of the group stages of the ongoing Hero Gold Cup, Maymol Rocky and her wards earned plaudits from the opposition coach Win Thu Moe who labelled his team’s win as “lucky”.
“We are very lucky to win against India. The goal we scored early on was a lucky goal for us. If went goalless into the interval, I’m sure we would have had some problems,” AIFF quoted Win Thu Moe, as saying.
“India and Myanmar are not very different. In fact, India are the strongest team that we have faced. It was a very tough match to play against them. It is very difficult to win against India. Our players became tired in the match. We were stretched to our limits. We wanted to keep ball possession but could not control that,” he said.
“I was very surprised that India lost against Nepal. We were expecting to see India in the final but I am happy that we have Nepal as opponents in the final,” he added.
“We play India in the last match of the Olympic Qualifiers and we are sure that it will be the match that decides who goes through. It will be a tough match for us,” he said.
- Death toll from Brazil mine dam collapse reaches 157, 182 missing
- UPDATE 2-Brazil evacuates towns near Vale, ArcelorMittal dams on fears of collapse
- Report: Magic, Lakers players to meet following Davis fiasco
- Istanbul building collapse toll rises to 14
- Commissions probing civil war granted an year's extension by Nepal government