COVID-19 cases rise by 21 to 984 in Nashik; death toll 52PTI | Nashik | Updated: 25-05-2020 23:03 IST | Created: 25-05-2020 23:03 IST
With 21 more people testing positive for coronvirus, the number of the COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra's Nashik district mounted to 984 on Monday, including 691 from worst-hit Malegaon, an official said. The number of the deceased in the district rose to 52, with a 36-year-old man succumbing to the viral infection at Nashik civil hospital.
"With 21 more people testing positive for coronavirus, the number of the cases in the district has gone up to 984. All the 21 new cases were reported from Nashik city," an official release said.
Of the 52 deaths so far, Malegaon accounts for the highest 45 fatalities, followed by five in the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) area. One of the rest two deceased hailed from rural area while another was a non-local patient. Malegaon accounts for the highest 691 patients in the district, followed by 116 from Nashik city and 134 from other parts of the district, it stated.
The number of the recovered cases stood at 728, including 557 people from Malegaon. A total of 55 new suspects were admitted to various hospitals in the district in the day, the release said.
Of the total 10,148 swab samples sent for testing, 8,748 came negative while 984 tested positive. Results of 379 samples are awaited..