Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit to host session for aerospace, defence investments
To attract investment in aerospace and defence into the state, a plenary session will be held during the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, to be held here from January 18-20, said officials. Union defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman will address the plenary session, Air Marshal RK Dhir, who is an adviser to the Gujarat Government for defence and aerospace sector, told reporters here. "The event will bring together senior policymakers from the Centre, defence personnel, industry leaders and academic experts to deliberate opportunities in the Indian aerospace and defence sector," Dhir told reporters.
Senior officials of national and international companies such as HAL, BHEL, Lockheed Martin and Airbus are expected to participate in the seminar. "Our aim is to attract new players to Gujarat in this sector. We have over 2,500 acres of open land available at Dholera SIR, which can be utilised for setting up manufacturing units of this sector," said Dhir, adding that currently, the state has minimal presence in the sector.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Bickering overshadows Trump's State of Union appeal for unity
- Excerpts from Trump's annual State of the Union speech
- Trump kicks off annual State of the Union address before Congress
- CORRECTED-Trump's 2020 Democratic rivals pounce to criticize State of the Union speech
- Centre, Naveen Patnaik govt in Odisha not working for farmers, tribals, dalits: Rahul Gandhi.