Central Trade Unions to support 3 day strike by BSNL staff for wage demands
Central trade unions on Wednesday said they will extend support to the proposed three-day strike by employees and officers of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd on February 18-20. BSNL employees have announced a three-day nationwide strike demanding allotment of 4G spectrum to the telecom PSU and wage revision for the workforce.
"United Platform of Central Trade Unions, which met on 12th February 2019 at New Delhi resolved to extend full support to the ongoing struggle of the BSNL employees and officers," the statement by ten central trade unions said. The ten central trade unions that extended their support to the proposed strike included INTUC, AITUC, HMS, and CITU amongst others.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- MHA to seek report on role of IPS officers who allegedly obstructed CBI probe in WB
- UPDATE 2-Wirecard says allegations may have come from dispute between employees
- Denmark expels two Huawei employees for failing in work permits
- 708 government employees found absent during surprise inspection in Jaipur
- IAS officers reshuffled in U'khand