Bradley Cooper wins best director from PETA for ‘A Star Is Born’
The animal rights organisation awarded Cooper “for his enlightened decision to cast his own canine companion in 'A Star Is Born' rather than using one supplied by a notorious animal exhibitor,” reported People magazine.
Cooper, 43, previously had two rescue dogs, German shorthaired pointer Samson and Chow Retriever mix Charlotte, whom he once called “his kids.” Charlie holds a special place in his heart though, as he’s named for Cooper’s late father.
Bradley Cooper picked up nominations in the best actor, best adapted screenplay and best picture categories, with the film getting 8 nominations in total. (ANI)
- Singapore police looking into report of alleged forgery by Germany's Wirecard
- UPDATE 2-Japan, Germany share responsibility to work towards global peace - PM Abe
- UPDATE 1-Japan, Germany say Venezuela leadership crisis needs peaceful solution
- Japan-Germany vows to defend free trade in face of rising protectionism
- UPDATE 1-Germany's Merkel drops hint of a "creative" Brexit compromise