Two electrocuted to death in Durga Puja pandal in UP's Barabanki
A 17-year-old boy and a man died due to electric shock after coming in contact with iron poles in a Duga Puja pandal here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in Basaigaur village on Wednesday evening in which Somnath (35) and Rohit (17) died on the spot, they said.
According to a villager, the wire from which power connection was supplied to the pandal was broken somewhere due to which electric current came in the poles.
The pandal was wet due to rains in the afternoon, he said.
Due to the current, several others also received electric shocks.
The bodies of the two have been sent for post-mortem, police said.
State Food and Civil Supplies Minister Satish Sharma also reached the spot and met the villagers.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)