Elias Bou Saab expected to take over charge as Lebanon's defence minister
Elias Bou Saab, a member of the political party founded by Lebanon's President Michel Aoun, will be defence minister in a new national unity government expected to be formed in the next few days, a senior political source said on Wednesday.
The United States is a big backer of the Lebanese army, providing more than $1.5 billion in support since 2006.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 'Jesus Christ' Parrikar row sparks political slugfest as BJP, Congress trade barbs
- Venezuela political deadlock likely to intensify as Guaido calls rallies
- Venezuela political standoff likely to intensify after planned rallies
- Iran denounces US for interfering in Venezuela political standoff
- Defence Minister visits Aurobindo Ashram in Pondy