Rajya Sabha mourns death of its former member Rajat Kumar Chakrabarti
Rajya Sabha on Friday mourned the death of its former member Rajat Kumar Chakrabarti. Chakrabarti, who represented West Bengal in Upper House from April 1972 to April 1978, passed away on January 3 at the age of 93. "In passing away of Dr Rajat Kumar Chakrabarti, the country has lost an able parliamentarian and a noted educationist," Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu said reading out an obituary reference. Members rose from their seats as a mark of respect to the the departed.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Smile Train India launches country's first toll-free national cleft helpline
- US lawmakers introduce legislation to end per-country green card limit
- PM Modi made the Rafale aircraft without informing country: Rahul Gandhi
- US House, Senate introduce bill to end per-country limit on green cards
- Amit Shah says illegal migrants in country are vote banks of SP and BSP