Chhattisgarh: Man allegedly kills mother with axe, drinks her blood
A man allegedly killed his mother with an axe in Chhattisgarh's Korba district in what police believe is a suspected case of sorcery as a book on black magic had been recovered from their house. The incident took place on December 31 in Ramakachhar village under Pali police station area, Sub Divisional Officer of Police (Katghora area) Sandip Mittal said Saturday. On being informed of the incident by villagers on January 3, a police team rushed to the spot and found a book on black magic and the axe in the blood-stained house, Mittal informed.
He said accused Dilip Yadav (25) attacked his mother Sumariya with an axe, killing her instantly, and then reportedly drank her blood and dismembered her. Yadav then reportedly performed rituals and offered some of the dismembered body parts as offering at a religious place inside the house and then incinerated the body in an earthen 'chulha', he said. He said the exact cause of death would be ascertained once police teams managed to nab Yadav.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 5-Virginia governor denies being in racist yearbook photo
- NFL notebook: Mahomes takes home MVP
- Political programmes bound to take place in democracy: WB Governor
- New book seeks to find out what triggers lynchers to flout laws with impunity
- Night temperatures dip by few degrees in Rajastham, Bhilwara most coldest place