One-way traffic to move on Jammu-Srinagar highway
One-way traffic will move on the Jammu-Srinagar highway on Tuesday from Srinagar to Jammu, a traffic department official said. No vehicle will be allowed in the opposite direction. "Traffic from Qazigund will move onwards after 1 p.m. as many trucks moving towards Srinagar as per Monday's schedule have not crossed the Jawahar Tunnel yet," he added.
Reports also said a fresh landslide has hit the road at Anokhi Fall in Ramban district and clearance operation was underway. The strategic highway was closed for six consecutive days and was partially restored from Jammu to Srinagar on Monday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Priyanka to visit Lucknow on Monday, take stock of her new turf
- Citing short notice period Twitter CEO decides to skip Monday's house panel meet
- ED questions Vadra for over 8 hours, asks him to appear again on Monday
- Modi set to join Akshay Patra as it marks 3 billionth meal to children on Monday
- Satya Pal Malik offers condolences to victims of avalanche at Jawahar Tunnel