Buddhist monastery in Himachal hit by major fire incident; loss of life averted
A part of the wooden Buddhist monastery opened by Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district was gutted in a fire on Wednesday, officials said. There was no loss of life. The Dhakpo Shedrup Ling monastery is located in Kais village, around 10 km from Kullu town. The Dalai Lama inaugurated the monastery in 2005.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Met predicts more snowfall as cold wave sweeps Himachal Pradesh
- Total number of swine flu cases in Himachal Pradesh reach 86
- Himachal Pradesh assembly budget session begins Monday
- Himachal Pradesh to take budget session to people via webcast
- Himachal Pradesh issues advisory for likely avalanche to 5 districts