FDA Inspector among 17 dead in Arpit Palace hotel fire
Dr Shankar Narayan from Tamil Nadu and Dr Santosh Wale had come to Delhi to attend a medical seminar in Connaught Place. They had booked a room in the ill-fated hotel. "On Monday night, they called their old friend Rahul Kumar for a meeting in the hotel. Rahul told his wife that he wanted to leave but he would stay with Santosh Wale and Shankar Narayan due to their insistence," Srinivasan said.
"In the fire tragedy, they all were suffocated to death after being trapped in their room and could not get out," he added.
- Koregaon Bhima case: Pune Police arrests accused Dalit scholar Anand Teltumbde
- Bhima Koregaon case: Pune Sessions Court orders to release Anand Teltumbde
- Sessions court terms Dalit scholar Anand Teltumbde's arrest illegal; orders Pune Police to release him immediately.
- Pune court orders release of Dalit scholar Anand Teltumbde, says arrest illegal
- Oil PSUs capital expenditure hits four-year low