Jharkhand: Maoist killed in gun battle with security forces in Khunti district
A Maoist was killed in a gun battle with security forces on Thursday, said police, who recovered a German rifle, live cartridges and mobile phones on him. The member of the banned People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was neutralised during a joint search operation by the state police and Central Reserve Police Force in the Merabeer jungle of Khunti district.
The Maoists triggered the encounter by firing first at the security forces, who retaliated killing one PLFI member and injuring a few others. All injured managed to escape. The body has been recovered and a search operation was underway to arrest the rest.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Seven passengers dead, 29 others injured in Bihar train mishap
- Six dead, 38 others injured in Seemanchal Express derailment in Bihar
- Modi is `king of jungle', says Fadnavis
- Fathers experience greater happiness than mothers in parenting roles: Study
- 11 killed, 18 others injured in highway landslide in Bolivian capital