In order to ease the blockade, an ex-gratia of Rs 1.75 lakh was announced for each of the victims' families, said Pratapgarh Additional District Magistrate Hemendra Nagar. Nineteen people were also injured, of which two were said to be critical, he added.
Rajasthan highway blocked over compensation for accident victims' families
A highway in Rajasthan was blocked on Tuesday by villagers demanding compensation for the families of 11 people who were killed in an accident. According to the police, the accident took place near Pratapgarh on Monday night when a speeding truck rammed into a marriage procession of over 100 people. The driver fled shortly after the mishap.
READ MORE ON : National HighwaypeopleChhoti SadriPratapgarhpolicedrivervillagevillagersHemendra NagartruckhighwayRajasthanvictimsfamilies
- Rahul extends condolences to families of Ethiopian Airline plane crash victims
- Football Kenya Federation’s ex-secretary, archaeologist, FAO Director among Ethiopian crash victims
- UN Environment conference starts with moment of silence for Ethiopia plane crash victims
- Five held for killing truck driver
- Snell struck out Harper as Rays thrash Phillies