North Korea calls for better relations with US amid increasing optimism
North Korea said on Tuesday that if the United States responds to its efforts on denuclearisation with trustworthy measures and practical actions, "bilateral relations will develop wonderfully at a fast pace".
Han Tae Song, North Korea's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, also told the U.N.-sponsored Conference on Disarmament that Pyongyang would continue working to establish a "permanent and durable peace mechanism on the Korean peninsula".
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Christianity met Islam as Pope Francis becomes first to visit Arabian Peninsula
- First pope to set foot on peninsula where Islam was born
- US special envoy to visit Pyongyang ahead of second Trump-Kim summit
- UPDATE 1-Tens of thousands pack stadium for first papal mass on Arabian Peninsula
- US envoy on peace talks with N Korea to visit Pyongyang again ahead of major summit