Spain's Socialists budget proposal faces uncertain fate in Parliament
Pro-Catalan independence party PDeCAT said on Wednesday that it will not back the Socialist government 2019 budget proposal, likely sinking the draft. Spain's Socialists hold less than a quarter of the seats in parliament and need support from smaller regional parties to pass the draft budget proposal. Just about an hour before the vote on the budget, lawmaker Carles Campuzano told reporters there was "no change" to the party's plan to vote against the budget.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- C'garh journalist covering BJP meet thrashed by partymen
- Bihar train mishap: Rahul urges party workers to extend all help to victims
- Kosovo's par approves 2019 budget after oppn party backs minority govt
- BSP chief Mayawati holds meet to review party's preparations for LS polls
- Cong veteran Kishore Chandra Deo resigns from primary membership of party