Shortening opportunity to turn Yemen's ceasefire into peace plan: Jeremy Hunt
British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt on Wednesday said the window of opportunity to turn a ceasefire in Yemen into a plan for peace was shortening. "We now have a shortening window of opportunity to turn the ceasefire into a durable path to peace - and stop the world's worst humanitarian crisis," Hunt said in a statement ahead of a meeting with the U.S., UAE and Saudi foreign ministers.
"Real progress has been made to reach a political solution but there are also real issues of trust between the two sides which mean the agreement in Stockholm has not been fully implemented."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Last refugee children in Pacific camp to be moved: Australia
- Cricket-Starc takes five as Australia bundle out Sri Lanka for 215
- Australia grab four wickets as Sri Lanka's Perera retires hurt
- Railway Minister announces Rs 5 lakh ex gratia to kin of those killed in Bihar rail accident, Rs 1 lakh each to grievously injured people.
- 'Once in a century' floods hit northeast Australia