UPDATE 1-U.S.-Libya forces raid al Qaeda site in Libyan city of Ubari -Libyan official
The spokesperson for Fayez al-Sarraj, head of the Presidency Council of the Tripoli-based Government of National Accord of Libya, said in a statement late on Wednesday that a site with a number of al Qaeda members in Ubari was "raided" but gave no details. "This joint work between the Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord and the US Government coincided with the meeting of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Foreign Minister Mohamed Sayala at the Global Coalition To Defeat Islamic State meeting last week", spokesperson Mohamed El Sallak said in the statement.
The U.S. Africa Command, which is responsible for American forces in that area, could not immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Ahmed Elumami; Writing by Mohamed Elsherif; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- My government's budget a historic step for welfare of farmers and working class: PM Modi at Matua Mahasangh event.
- Central Government declares Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) as an 'unlawful association'
- Government to use technology to seal Bangladesh borders along Bengal and Assam
- Odisha tribals neglected under BJD government: Netam
- Odisha government gives nod to 20 projects worth Rs 350 crore for welfare of farmers