Security forces gun down Maoist guerrilla in Jharkhand's Chatra district
A Maoist guerrilla was killed in a gun battle with security forces in Jharkhand's Chatra district on Friday, police said. "There was information of Maoist movement in the Kurkheta jungle. A joint team of the police and CRPF was sent to the forest for search operations," Chatra Superintendent of Police Nigam Prasad told reporters.
He said that the guerrillas started firing on the security forces, who retaliated killing one Maoist. Police recovered an Insas rifle from the dead Maoist. Search operations are on in the jungle for other guerrillas.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Police officer acted lawfully while shooting black man at Alabama mall: AG
- People throng online library stall in 43rd International Kolkata Fair
- UN anti-drug & crime chief spotlights root causes of International maritime crimes
- JNU sedition case: Ask authorities concerned to expedite sanction to prosecute, court tells Delhi police
- 7,324 TN police officers face action over failure to file reports on FIRs