German police launch operation to catch gunman after firings in Cologne
Shots were fired outside a building in central Cologne on Friday and one suspect has been detained, Bild newspaper reported on its website. Police cannot rule out there might be additional gunmen, the tabloid added. Police advised on Twitter to stay away from the area near the central train station and landmark Cologne Cathedral as they prepared to search the building with special units.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Now, read magazines, newspapers at discount while travelling on trains as railways inks new pact
- Nirmala Sitharaman accuse newspaper of publishing fake report on Rafale
- Murdoch's News Corp posts profit amid struggles at newspapers
- PM takes dig at local newspapers for not publishing success of BJP
- Official who printed fake newspaper to rig tender gets 4 years