West Bengal: Three Bhutanese arrested for smuggling rhino horn, elephant tusk
Three Bhutanese citizens were arrested in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district with an illegal consignment of a rhino horn and an elephant tusk, an official said on Sunday. Acting on a tip-off, forest officials conducted a search operation in Dooars area on Saturday and arrested the accused along with the rhino horn and the elephant tusk, which were to be sold in Nepal for Rs 50 lakh.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 8 Indians arrested in pay-and-stay visa scam plead 'not guilty' in federal court
- 13 arrested in Lahore for defying government's ban on kite flying
- 61-year-old man arrested for allegedly molesting, stalking woman in Thane
- Woman arrested over deadly blaze that killed eight people in Paris
- Teltumbde won't be arrested till Feb 12: Pune Police tells HC