Sale deeds set to get costlier in Punjab as govt hikes registration fee
The Punjab government on Tuesday doubled the registration fee of documents related to sale deeds. The decision to increase the registration fee of various documents related to sale deeds was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet presided by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, an official spokesman said.
The fee for all registrable documents except leases has been increased from Rs 200 to Rs 400, while the fee for registration of power of attorney has been hiked from Rs 2,000 to Rs 4,000, he said. He said that the registration fees of all sale deeds except leases of immovable property have been doubled.
The Cabinet also passed a proposal of the Local Government Department for the release of funds to the tune of Rs 298.75 crore to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) for infrastructure development under the Urban Environment Improvement Programme (UEIP).
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Rapper 21 Savage being held unfairly, attorneys claim
- Prashant Bhushan defends remarks after contempt case by Attorney General
- May objective to secure legally binding Brexit to overcome backstop: Spokesman
- DHS knowingly allowed "fake university" to be set up: Indian American attorney
- UPDATE 2-Virginia political blackface scandal widens to attorney general