Budget session of Delhi assembly to start from Feb 22, says AAP
The AAP government Tuesday decided to convene a seven-day Budget Session of the Delhi Assembly starting February 22. According to an official statement, the decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
"The Cabinet in its meeting on Tuesday, chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, recommended convening of the eighth session (Budget Session) of the sixth Delhi Legislative Assembly from February 22-28, 2019," the government said in the statement. Last year, the Aam Aadmi Party government had presented a Rs 53,000 crore budget for 2018-19 in the Assembly, which laid emphasis on environment, health, education and water. This is the first "green budget" of the government for effective containment of pollution in the city, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had said in the budget session of the Assembly last year.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Reservation for poor in general category gets green signal from Bihar cabinet
- Confusion over Telangana Cabinet continues even as KCR completes 50 days in office
- Trump says Pompeo not leaving Cabinet for Senate race
- UPDATE 3-Virginia governor meets with cabinet amid outcry over racist photo
- Haryana cabinet approves new MSME, pharma policies to boost industrial growth