Divisional Commissioner directs NHAI to speed up clearing of Jammu-Srinagar Highway
Jammu Divisional Commissioner Sanjeev Verma directed the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to depute adequate men and machinery to expeditiously clear the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, which remained closed for vehicular traffic for the sixth consecutive day on Monday. The national highway is the only all-weather road connectivity between Kashmir and the rest of the country.
Verma, along with Inspector General of Police (Jammu) M K Sinha and Inspector General of Police (Traffic) Alok Kumar, conducted aerial survey of various snow-covered areas of Ramban district and visited road stretches covered in debris of landslides to oversee the clearance operation, an official spokesman said. Verma also convened a meeting with district officers to review progress on restoration works and discussed issues regarding restoration of essential services.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Weather improves across Jammu and Kashmir after heavy snowfall
- Two killed, 10 missing in heaviest spell of snowfall in Jammu-Kashmir
- Real Kashmir's home match against East Bengal postponed due to thick snow cover
- Ladakh now separate division in JK along with Jammu, Kashmir; HQ at Leh
- Four dead after seasons heaviest snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir