Palaniswami announces plan for animal husbandry park worth Rs 396 crore in Salem
A Rs 396 crore animal husbandry park, the 'biggest' such multi-disciplinary facility in Asia, with facilities for bovine, dairy and fisheries resources, will come up at Salem, the Tamil Nadu government announced Wednesday Chief Minister K Palaniswami said the facility would come up at Thalaivasal in Salem district in over 900 acres of land.
Among others, it will have a modern veterinary hospital,a milch cows farm to highlight the latest farm techniques, a facility to house local dog breeds, a business incubation center to create value-added products from milk, meat and egg, he said, making a suo motu statement in the assembly Veterinary students, including from foreign countries,could take up research activities here, he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Asian share markets look set for sleepy session, NZD tumbles on local data
- Asian share markets edge up to four-month highs, NZD slides after weak jobs data
- UP FinMin presents Rs 4.79 lakh cr annual budget in state assembly
- Uproar, protest by BJP legislators forces Karnataka assembly to adjourn
- Fire breaks out in Noida's Metro Hospital, several feared trapped: official. PTI KND KND MINMIN