863 police stations without building, 273 without vehicle, 267 without phone: Ahir
As many as 267 police stations in the country do not have the telephone facility while 129 others do not have even the wireless sets, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday. Union minister of state for home Hansraj Ahir said a total of 863 police stations in India do not have their own building while 273 police stations do not have a modern vehicle.
The number of police stations where the telephone facility is not available is 267 and the number of police stations where the facility of wireless communication is not available is 129, he said replying a written question. There are around 15,650 police stations in the country.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Roman Catholic leaders in Texas name 300 priests, others accused of sexual abuse
- Texas releases names of all priests, deacons, others accused of sexual abuse
- VHP says Hindus will not leave others in peace until a grand Ram temple is build
- MP: Fire breaks out in newsprint facility in Burhanpur
- Six dead, 38 others injured in Seemanchal Express derailment in Bihar